Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why I started this

I have my Family blog to blog about the happy things in my life. I decided that with the upcoming deployment in a few weeks, that it may be nice to have somewhere to vent to and cry to when everyone is sick of listening.

When I think about this deployment my heart aches. My heart mostly hurts for Conner. Mainly because he loves his Daddy so much. He asks for him in the morning and all throughout the day. And when he gets home he is so excited that he runs up to him and wants to be picked up right away. Knowing that Conner has no idea that his little life is about to be flipped upside down breaks my heart. He has no clue. He has no clue that when we drop Daddy off the day he leaves, that he won't be seeing him for 10 months. He wakes up happy everyday, while everyday that I wake up my heart aches a little more as that days gets closer. He is only happy because he has no clue what's about to happen to him. It makes me sad, angry and hurt.

I love being a Military Wife. I just dread being away from him. He is our rock. We haven't had to do this for almost 5 years and honestly I'm scared. I don't know how I'll handle 10 months. And why did they have to change it to 10 months? 6 wasn't enough?

Anyway.. So this blog is dedicated to the hardships that Military Wives go through.

1 comment:

  1. Wohoo, what a great idea Cindy!! I will be following this (along with your other blog!!)

    ReplyDelete