Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We're half way there!

So we are finally half way through deployment. What an amazing feeling. We've got 5 months down, and just under 5 to go. I can't wait for my Husband to be home where he belongs. We miss him so much. Lately I've been getting really anxious for his homecoming. I have my days where it makes me sad to think we'll be leaving here soon. I've loved having this time with my Parent's, and friends. I've learned a lot about myself, and others. Overall this deployment has changed, and helped me a lot. I'm thankful for this time with them, but I am ready for my Husband to be home to be a Family again. I am ready to be back in MS with our things. I do dread being there with the drama of friends we dealt with before, but we don't talk to them anymore so it'll be another fresh start. After all these months I've realized I don't need anyone down there but Eric, and Conner. I wish I could pack my close friends, and Parent's up and take them with us. Mostly my Parent's.


Eric will finally be heading to Africa this week. It's been postponed for a while now. I'm kind of dreading it because we'll talk less, especially with how much I've been missing him lately. I guess we've been lucky to talk everyday for the last 5 months. It'll help the time go by faster, because we'll be counting down the days until we can talk again.

Another battalion just got home this week. They were gone for 4-5 months. I am jealous and got butterflies seeing their homecoming pictures. I can't wait for that to be us. I don't really envy them to much though because they'll only be home for 6 months and then go out for 10. Where we are getting out 10 month one over with and I like that idea better. Especially because Eric will be home for 13 months and then leave for 8.


So that's that. We're half way there! WOO HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment